Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Can't wait


Well here we go...another new month. Time truly seems to be going faster and faster. I wonder why. I thought it was because I was getting older, but I am not so sure. I hear young people say the same thing, "Where does time go", "Time goes by so fast", .....I realized I hear and say something else a lot lately too. "I can't wait". Maybe that is what makes time go by so fast. We are always looking for the next thing to happen instead of enjoying the moment we are in. I love that old joke "men don't care what is on t.v., they only care what ELSE is on t.v. We always seem to want the "what else" instead of "what is now".
So for September, I am making a conscious effort to look at this day and only this day. Stop myself from saying "can't wait for the weekend", "Can't wait till 5:00", "Can't wait until I can go to bed", can't wait... can't wait. Oh wait....technically it is still August so I will say one last "can't wait". I can't wait for these books that come out in September.

For all you Shopaholic fans we have waited a long time for this one. Becky Bloomwood's little girl is an apple that doesn't fall far from the tree. I have read excerpts and this looks hilarious! I will be in line for this one the minute it comes out on 9-21-10.



This is part of the "Outlander" series I talked about in my blog about fall/winter books. Diana Gabaldon takes a long time to write a book because she is so accurate with her historical facts. This book takes Jaime's point of view of the first book in the "Outlanders" series. I'm very curious to read it particularly because the first book has been my favorite so far. It is out 9-21-10. I'll let you know if you should read the original "Outlander" before jumping into this one.


 I have never discussed Ken Follett in my blog as of yet, but he has definitely written two of my favorite BOB (remember...big ole books) "The Pillars of The Earth" and it's sequel "World Without End". This is gonna be another BOB at over a thousand pages. It is an epic that covers five families in America, Russia, and Germany and takes place during the first world war. Sounds like I have found my first Fall/Winter book. It come out 9-21-10 and this is one I will definitely get for Kindle. A book that big will give me carpal tunnel!


By the time I get around to Debbie Macomber's "Call Me Mrs. Miracle" it will be just in time for Christmas which is what this book is all about. Debbie comes out with a great holiday book almost every year. This one re-visits Emily Merkle (is she an angel?) only this time she is working in a toy store during Christmas. Reading Debbie Macomber's holiday books are the best way I know to get into the Christmas spirit. This one promises to be a great way to kick off the season. It will be released on 9-28-10.


Okay, so NO MORE wishing time away. Every day in September will be savored and enjoyed....just like a great book!

No comments: