Saturday, August 21, 2010

Essentials Done...Time to Read

Another Saturday...and I find myself doing anything BUT housework. I was better today, and made myself promise to do the essentials before reading or blogging.  So with the essentials done....I went outside to practice with my camera and found this.
Which of course reminded me of two great books that I love.  These books were so sweet that I purchased them twice. Once for me on my Kindle and then again in paperback as a gift for my Aunt Salley. These are both re-readers!! Do you ever re-read a good book? My husband simply cannot understand how I can read the same book over and over.

"At Home On Lady Bug Farm" and the sequel "A Year On Lady Bug Farm" by Donna Ball is just a good sweet clean read. I can't describe it any better than the following synopsis I found on Barnes and Noble:
"Their husbands were gone, their families were grown, and the future stretched out before them like an unfulfilled promise...
Tired of always dreaming and never doing, Cici, Lindsay, and Bridget make a life-altering decision. Uprooting themselves from their comfortable lives in the suburbs, the three friends buy a run-down mansion, nestled in the picturesque Shenandoah Valley. They christen their new home "Ladybug Farm," hoping that the name will bring them luck.
As the friends take on a home improvement challenge of epic proportions, they encounter disaster after disaster, from renegade sheep and garden thieves to a seemingly ghostly inhabitant. Over the course of a year, overwhelming obstacles make the three women question their decision, but they ultimately learn that sometimes the best things can happen when everything goes wrong..."

If you have read and liked the Mitford Series by Jan Karon or Lumby Series by Gail Fraser, then these books are right up your alley.
Let me know what you think. If you do like it try "The Fixer Upper" by Mary Kay Andrews, you'll like that one too.

No comments: