|(left to right) IPad, Kindle Fire, original Kindle|
- If all you want to do is read.... Get the Kindle, plain and simple for $79.
- If your primary use will be reading but want to check your emails, browse the internet, and do a little social networking....You need the Kindle Fire. It was made for reading so the screen is superior to the IPad. I would not be able to read an entire book on the IPad. It is like a computer and it hurts my eyes after a short time. I can read my Kindle all day long (and often have, lol) and no eye strain.
- If the primary purpose of the device is for the internet with reading secondary...then get the IPad. It has a data plan so that you are connected to the internet where ever you go. The Kindle Fire works on WiFi only.
- The IPad is about 2x larger than the Kindle Fire. Could be a good thing such as when your watching a movie...but could also be a bad thing such as when your trying to put it in your purse.
- The IPad is uncomfortable to hold for reading. The Kindle Fire feels like a book.
- They both have the ability to play music (MP3, Pandora, Itunes), purchase apps and games, and rent or purchase movies.
- The memory on the Kindle Fire is on the "cloud" or internet so it is unlimited. You can down load to the device but memory is limited.
- The memory on the IPad is on the device...the amount depends on the IPad you purchase. More memory more dinero!
- Speaking of money...the Kindle Fire wins big time here!
|(left to right) Kindle Fire and the original Kindle|
|(left to right) IPad and the Kindle Fire|
As I said earlier, I am no expert in technology. These are just some of my observations. After all I can barely plug in my curling iron. I will say this, I have had my Kindle Fire for four days and can navigate it pretty well. I am extremely happy with my purchase and I when I showed it to an IPad lover...I thought I saw some shades of envy!