Sunday, November 13, 2011

Country Mouse/ City Mouse

 You all know the story of the little country mouse who decided to go to the city....well this little country mouse took a trip to "The City", aka Oklahoma City, this weekend along with hundreds of other country mice. The annual Farm Bureau State convention was this weekend and gotta brag...Major County hit the mother lode! We won several awards including the most prestigious award of "Farm Family of the Year". Congratulations to Scott and Brenda Neufeld!
.
What a kick to see cowboy hats, real pick-up trucks, and cowboy boots walking all over bricktown. The fall colors were out in full force so I couldn't resist pulling out my camera for a few shots.
















The Devon Energy building makes me dizzy looking up at it. It will be the tallest building in the state at 50 stories tall. Not real comfortable standing in the vicinity with all the earthquakes we've been having lately!













We stayed at the historic Skirvin. What a beautiful hotel. I am so glad they restored it.



They tried to tell me it was haunted...I don't know about that. I never heard a thing and slept like a rock!

I really wanted to sit in this curvy chair right outside the elevator....It looked so very movie star! I was trying to act like a city mouse... so I didn't.
Loved getting away and being in the city for three days BUT just like the mouse in the story, I was ready to come home.  I can't drive, park or find my way around those spaghetti highways.
My skill set is definitely country living.

No comments: