Summer reads are light, airy, easy to put down and pick right back up without losing the thread of the story. Kind of like fruit, sandwiches, and salads. Fall and Winter books are meaty and rich with complicated story lines and fully developed characters. Like stew, chili and roast. They are usually epics. A big ole book that you can snuggle down and read for hours. I have browsed Barnes and Noble for the new releases coming soon...but alas haven't seen my "winter" book yet. One of the best "winter" books I have read is, "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon. You might have noticed her name on my favorite author list. WOW how I love this book. It is a
- Love story- whew, some of the "intimate" scenes are pretty risque
- Mystery- The main character travels through time to the 1500's
- Historical- Takes place in Scotland (think Braveheart)
- Series- yes that is right...you know me I am a sucker for a series. So far it is the first in 7 books.
- It will be a movie. They have already started working on it.