Monday, August 16, 2010

School Days

Everyone is talking about it, dreading it, preparing for it, excited for it...School Starts. A brand new year to start fresh. Maybe a college freshman moving away from home, excited for their independence but nervous about making new friends. Maybe a Kindergartner worried that no one will like him.  No matter how old you get you never forget those first days of school. I remember in junior high I was terrified that I wouldn't fit in and then I found that special friend. The one that lasts a lifetime.

That is exactly why I loved the book "Firefly Lane" written by Kristin Hannah.  The story opens in the summer of 1974 and spans three decades of friendship between Tully and Kate. They make an unlikely bond that takes them through junior high all the way to motherhood. Some critics compare it to the movie "Beaches" with Bett Midler. 

It made me remember, made me laugh and made me cry.  I couldn't put this one down, and while I never     guarantee you will love a book...I don't think you will be disappointed. 
ALERT: Have a box of Kleenex at the ready. 
It is available for the Kindle and in paperback.








3 comments:

Amy said...

Dawn...your making me want to start another book!! What are your library hours? :) I've seriously got too many projects going right now to read a book! Better get back to my desk project...
Later...

Amy said...

OK...just finished "firefly lane" Friday night!! LOVED it!!! Thanks for the suggestion!!!!!

cobwebbcorner said...

Your welcome...thats what I'm here for :)