Monday, October 11, 2010

Recovering from a Reading Binge


This weekend was a disaster...the rain and thunder plus a little chill in the air equals absolutely nothing got done! Oh my goodness I have been reading like crazy! All those books I was waiting on in September are just laying there, tempting me like a 50% off shoe sale, and I can't keep my nose out of them.
Well line 'em up and here we go so far.....



Mini Shopaholic was good however I must say I was disappointed that the author felt the need to throw down some pretty colorful language, 
multiple times, particularly toward the end. Didn't really find it necessary nor pivotal to the story line...come on Sophie, clean up your act.


On a brighter note, I finished "Her Daughter's Dream" by Francine Rivers last night and as usual, she did not disappoint. I don't want to give anything away but my husband said, "For Pete's Sake Dawn!! Why do you insist on reading books that make you cry?"  I couldn't turn the pages fast enough! Definitely read  "Her Mother's Hope" first.


I am mid-way through "Love Letters from Ladybug Farm" and I am LOVING it.In fact, I didn't want to stop reading long enough to update my blog! Again you are going to want to read this series in order
1st- "A year on Ladybug Farm"
2nd- "At Home on Ladybug Farm"



I looked up the definition of binge and it said "any behavior indulged to excess". I've decided that excess is a relative thing and in cobwebb corner's world, three books in one week is well within moderation...I say let the laundry wait :)


No comments: