A miserable failure thus far! Leave it to me to pick THE hottest, THE driest, record setting summer EVER to try to grow a garden and blog about it to boot.
Simply put my garden is a
...and it is freaking me out just a little because it's growing these weird looking alien-like appendages
I saw nothing remotely like this in
Ed's "Vegetable Gardner's Bible".
- One very small basket of yellow squash
- Two cantaloupe
- A handful of tomatoes
- No beans
- No cucumbers
- No bell peppers
- A swarm of grasshopper
- One very nice sized rabbit
- and three unexpected skunks
- The weatherman says Oklahoma has not recorded 100 degree days after August.
- We have had several days of rain lately.
- I spotted a nice looking bloom on the cantaloupe vine and the tomato plants are still living.
Besides, the grass in the alley has never looked so good!!