Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Better Than Ice Cream

Oooo Weeee...I just finished a book that was better than ice cream. BELIEVE IT!
One of my dear friends, who shall remain nameless, kept harping on me to read this book...constantly!
I kept putting it off because
  1. I don't typically like this particular writer.
  2. I didn't think she knew what she was talking about :)
...and that is what I get for
  1. not listening to my own advice
  2. being a know-it-all 
In a previous post I warned about going strictly by the author...just because you liked (or in this case didn't like) one book by a particular author does'nt mean you will like (or dislike) all of thier books.
The book is called "Rainwater" by Sandra Brown.  If your familiar with her writing then you may think this is a murder myster....It's not. This book is a complete departure from her usual style of writing.
The story takes place in depression era Texas in a bording house owned by Ella Barron. Ella is a single mother of an autistic child, and her life is turned upside down when Mr. David Rainwater becomes a border. This book has it all and weaves a story that you never want to end. Do yourself a favor and get it. It is available in paper back and as an E-Book. I bet the library has it too!

Okay, Okay...I'll say it,lesson learned!
You were right nameless friend and I was wrong !!


2 comments:

Cheri said...

hahahahahahaha!

debbie said...

After our lunch the other day I went to the library and picked this one up! I really did like it! My friends are soooo smart!