Sunday, December 12, 2010

Wrapped and Ready

Not happy! I have been doing this and that, running here, going there...no time to read. Usually I read two or three holiday books by now. This year I can't seem to finish the one I have been reading since Thanksgiving. The book is"Christmas with Tucker" by Greg Kincaid. It is a prequel to "A Dog Named Christmas" and quite good. That's not the problem. The problem seems to be that every time I have a moment, I fall asleep.  Maybe now that I have my Christmas shopping done...Gifts are wrapped and ready... I can sit back and dig into my reading list.


 If your done and ready to sit by the fire with a good holiday book, I can recommend three of my favorites.
 "Skipping Christmas" by John Grisham is the book the movie "Christmas with The Kranks" was based on. The Kranks decide to skip all the Holiday hustle and bustle and go on a cruise for Christmas...until their daughter decides at the last minute to come home after all. It's one I read every year.


 
 Another favorite is "Blue Christmas" by Mary Kay Andrews. Things go awry when merchants lose their Christmas Spirit during a decorating contest.



And finally "The Christmas Sweater" by Glenn Beck. The ending was a total surprise and the book was heart warming...you'll love it.




No comments: